here it is
Nostalgic...
I couldn't help but to step back and take stock of my life from such a simply beautiful paragraph.
and it is so true.
I personally see how this can happen. I have slipped down these cracks before and am grateful for this life that God gave me. for those who are in it and those long gone. either by growth or death.
recently I let go of a few people who haven't changed in 10 years still the same people still the same issues still the same.
To me, very sad.
2 years ago I ran into one of my dearest friend's Carrie and her husband Chris and I knew him before I met her.
( Keep in mind I didn't see him since I was 17 ... LONG LONG ago)
and he said
" You look exactly the same"
Yes, I knew it was a compliment but I felt awful. I HAD changed. I grew .. I suffered, I loved, I lost.
the simple statement threw me for a loop.
couldn't he see?
Why couldn't people see that I changed because my perception changed?
Physically, I admit I didn't really change much.
but that simple compliment was horrifying to me.
I HAD changed.
Although I have not changed much on the outside, on the inside I changed. I love people I once despised and will the opposite is also true.
Long ago in a place far away I will recall and hold tight to those who shaped me as well. I will recall the moments I have had. the people who shaped and I will pray to God that He guides those who change physically but not emotionally too see sometimes the best way to grow is to let go.
No comments:
Post a Comment