12/17/09

Reflections In The Water: Part Two: Anger makes you look old!



Yes, I said it. and it's true. a smile goes a long way. even when you don't want too..
It's easy to flip the asshole who cut you off the bird and easy to tell the store keeper their short coming's. How about turning back food in the restaurant because they added Olives to your Greek Salad when you clearly stated no olives.

But instead of being angry about it have you ever tried to be compassionate about something? gone up to a person who done you wrong and stated
" Hey, I know that you probably don't know that I despise olives. but I do and I think you may have forgotten that when you prepared this salad"
When I get a customer who comes in with a good attitude I am more likely to WANT to help them.
I had a customer buy a ham two days before it's expiry and wanted to exchange it before eating spoiled pork. but his attitude was so kind and gentle and I of course wanted to help him.
the next customer came in with milk that had expired and wanted to vent out on me about how we were trying to poison her...her blood pressure went up and her cheeks flushed and man did she look ugly.
I of course gave her the refund but I didn't want to serve her, she was a terribly rude and hostile human being.

The man with the Ham was many years older then they woman with her milk, yet I am guessing he will live a lot longer.. Because he has a positive attitude and he doesn't get angry over stupid shit.
and getting angry over stuff that you the customer should check before you leave a store although it is easy to yell at us just makes you look old and ugly



No comments:

Post a Comment