
In my life I have learned a lot of stuff, some great stuff some easy stuff and some stuff not even worth knowing at all... Like Hugh Laurie's father was a Rowing Olympian .. fact's that get me no where but a round at a bar!
But I digress, the important things I have learned in life I only started to learn in the past 8 years.
What I thought I knew before then is obsolete.
the moment you hear your baby cry is the moment things make sense.
and I am not speaking for everyone here...
( I don't want to see the child-less come at me with pitch forks.. this is a blog not a thesis grounded in facts)
But for me...
When Kaleb was born my world ended and my life began. Before Kaleb was born I gave a crap about what people said about me, thought about me etc.... The moment he was born I looked into his big blue eyes
( that turned grey like mine)
I would smell the baby scent off his head and I would wrap my arms around him and feel safe.
nothing anyone ever said about me affected me the same again.
AS soon as I was settled with my role as a Mommy I got pregnant again... and again my life changed. where I used to be able to sleep when baby slept I now had to run with both ends burning. Owen although the cutest baby to have ever crawled my floors was in fact colic....
what the important things are in life start with Kaleb and Owen.
with my kids I have learnt lessons no one should learn.
With Kaleb I watched my son be born too early, I watched as it too 9 months to diagnose him with Epilepsy, I watched him fall ill with a rare and sometimes fatal blood disorder called ITP. I sat with him as he was strong and had to endure blood tests and MRI's on his 6th birthday EEG's, Medications he hates. I watched the strongest person on earth do all that with a smile. He never complained not once.
When they called me at Dinner almost two years ago to tell me after the routine MRI that they found something. a mass on my son's brain. I learned that courage my son has is contagious. I sat down and I listened.
When we found out it was called focal Cortical Dysplasia and it wasn't a horrible brain cancer we sighed. but we struggle because of the location Kaleb can not do recall in classroom work. he finds timed tests hard.
Through this Kaleb has been strong.. then today happened. All ready for school and work I packed the kids in the car Kaleb ran over to throw his backpack in the front passenger seat he slammed the door on his hand and he hurt his nail pretty badly.
he cried, he complained, he moaned even before the dr touched him to drain the blood from the nail.
my son didnt want it! he acted like anyother 7 year old boy!
I cried because I knew he was OK. and this is the first time in his life I took him to a doctor and he wasnt brave. he was just a typical kid!
So yeah, that's what is important.
the rest of the crap is useless tripe that I can live without anyways....
No comments:
Post a Comment