6/19/10

To My Dad.

OK so if you actually know me you  know that father's day I s a hard time for me. I miss my Dad. Which is hard to understand for those who have a dad.
My father was taken from me 5 days before I was two.
he was stolen by a drunk driver.
a 17 year old boy who made a mistake.
It is that simple.
but he stole my dad.
the man who didnt get to see me start nursery school, he didnt get to watch me ride a bike, tie my laces or even watch my swim meets.
Nope, his dad did all this.
he watched me say my first words. he watched me start school, learn to read and write.
My dad lost this
I lost this.

When I was 7 I made that stupid ashtray for my dad for father's day.
I couldnt write Dad on it so I had to ask how to write Grandpa.
I glazed it and handed it to my teacher and I wondered..
" Did my dad even smoke?"
To this day I dont know that.

I dont know who he was. I feel sad.
Angry and mostly aware that I did have a Grandpa, then a fantastic Step-Father.

but I dont know my own Dad, because of a stupid judgement call from a 17 year old kid.

simple answer to this is not to drink and drive, cause it isnt just you on that road. and you do not have the RIGHT to kill someone's dad!

Happy father's day dad. I may not know you but I will never forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment