I am in pain with my bruised ego.
it really hurts and I figured.. this is blog worthy!
OK so here is the deal, it started a few weeks ago the week I was leaving for my vacation..
( which incidentally kicked ass and involved Old Quebec, Kenny Rogers Simple Plan, and I was a VIP for Blue Rodeo... and some creepy little KKK Guys with burning crosses... and NO I am not kidding! ... yet I digress... back to my ego)
At sobeys we had this Club Sobeys Promotion thingy going on and I really really wanted a ipod touch. Anyhow I was pushing customers HARD core and ran in second place.. ( story of my life )
anyhow, I had this one customer I bulliedinto getting her points card, with my charming smile and my " Ohmigoshitsthegreatestcardever" and yes I said it like that .. full of excitement... ( Your thinking I am crazy right?)
anyhow I sign this lady up and she said " Oh i wish I could tell your boss how great a job your doing." I smiled and told her she can, I figured she was kidding finished her order she asked me to page the store manager.. I told her she didn't have to thank me I am OK.. she insisted. so I did.. Matt came down and for 5 minutes they chatted all about how amazing I am, funny, smart, great people person.. blah blah blah...
( I am blushing as I type)
Matt presents me with a 15 dollar gift card.. I actually died a little, it was very humiliating to go through that. I work Curtosy and I am used to insults and complaints, compliments I have never had to my face like that.
usually they call in or tell someone away from me.
The next week I am on vacation as I stated....
I come back pick up my pay, and guess what?
I GOT A RAISE!!! OK so it was 15 cents but still I was excited, I got a raise because I earned it?
Well this is when I get the BOO BOO to my fragile ego...
I was in yesterday and I asked Matt about my raise he has no idea about a raise, so he goes to Linda
( she is our Admin Manager)
She has no idea...
but they both know, they didn't authorize it.
so alas, I do get to keep the 15 cents, but its not because I am a kick ass superstar!
I asked Vanessa who is the Front End Manager I wish was ours but alas, she left me for Bradford Sobey's to become the FEM extraordinaire that she is...
she tells me it is probably a pay adjustment from head office because I am not up to scale on my pay rate...
*sigh*
so I didn't earn a raise and apparently they scaled me up so I wasn't being paid enough anyways...
so needless to say my ego is a bit tender now...
tread lightly.
hope you enjoyed my rambling
awwwe that sux and i hate you auntie shelly lol i love simple plan hehehe
ReplyDeleteoh I would hate me too, they even got into the audience all sweaty and crowd surfed... it was awesome!! but I was pretty far away from them.
ReplyDelete