Life is what you perceive it to be people. what you put out there is what you receive. they say that is the " secret" bullshit. there is no secret.
But there is the truth.
recently there was this woman, whom I wont mention names who told me I have had life simply " handed to " That I had never faced any true problems in life.
This particular person is older then I am, and bitter.
my life has never been a bed of roses, the only thing I have ever been handed was lemons. But, instead of crying about the stupid lemon's I made lemonade.
My life wasn't " handed to me" as it was put.
EVERYTHING I have, I earned.
including my setback's.
I blame NO one for my mistakes, I also give no credit for my greatness,
I have had a hard life, anyone who knows me knows that! but I dont sit there and whine about how unjust the world is, nor do I focus on YOUR flaws. Instead I worry about mine.
5 days before I turned two my father was violently stolen from me by a drunk driver.
my mother became an alcoholic. ( Yes there is a great deal of irony in that)
My Grandfather raised me pretty much on his own over the age of 70.
at 15 I was raped and left bleeding in a stairwell.
at 17 I lived on my own, had my heart broken and yet I still found room to fall in love again!
My oldest was born with a Condition called Cortical Dysplasia. ( a brain mass on his temporal lobe) Which is why he has horrible seizures.
my youngest almost died during a routine Tonsillectomy.
So if that's a life of privilege, I wonder what hardship is?!
But what I learned in life is that no one cares about me, more then I care about me. that importance has to come from within.
That you have to accept things and you have to go on. That life will give you a shit-kicking and nope it is NOT fair.
but you have a choice on how to deal with this.
I choose lemonade
No comments:
Post a Comment