if you know me, you know I am sloth like. I like to sleep, be lazy and do nothing.
I am willing often to interchange that order but ... no matter how often you do that you will see I am lazy.
However, when I was 32 I had a few goals and I didn't make them happen.
I have only myself to blame.
I am not the sort to blame others for my short-falls and often time that is actually a setback that I refuse to change. ( this is another blog I believe)
Point is, I had professional goals I aimed for when I turned 32.. Yet, I achieved NOTHING.
I woke up when I turned 33 and as I walked the beautiful Quebec City with my amazing husband, I had this cloud on me.
Most people have this realization on their 40th birthday or 30th..
for me it was my 33rd.
I am a cashier. I love my job, the people I work with and for.. but when people asked me this summer
" so what do you do?""
I had to say.
" I am a cashier "
they usually just stop talking to me about career stuff, they change the topic and give me this curious look like I am kidding them or something.
many of my friends have done stuff with their lives professionally, I have friends practicing law, medicine or are entrepreneurs Me, nothing.
I am in a rut professionally, one I intend fully to change this year...
However, to do that I first need to change me.
When I sat down and talked to Gordie's friend from High School Melissa, she told me she woke up one morning and she wasn't herself. a lot had changed in her life suddenly and she had to do something about that.
So, she ran.
It hit me, then and there on my second glass of red wine that brought colour to my cheeks that professionally I have failed myself
I know most people who know me will tell me that I have a lot in my life already, and they are right. I do...
I have a gorgeous husband who is the love of my life. We have been together all our adult lives plus a year!
We have two amazing children who are well behaved most days, smart and funny.
We live in a great community, I love my neighbours and my friends are as loyal to me, as I am to them.
I have a great PERSONAL life.
As I listened to Melissa tell me how her life has changed by becoming active. I listened to her enthusiasm and I thought...
" yeah I could do that"
So, I will!
When I gt home there was a message from a Mom at my boy's school she is a personal trainer and she invited a bunch of women to a running clinic to learn how to run.
We cant afford that clinic, but I can run!
I can train myself.
We arrived home on Thursday, and on Sunday I was signed up for the Run for the Cure on Oct 3rd.
I researched how to train myself.
How to pace myself.
I grabbed my cell phone, converted it into a FM radio and I started my training on Sunday.
Like I said, I woke up and I was not happy.
I am gonna run a 5 K run and I am gonna raise money for Breast Cancer research.
This wont change my station in life, but it will change me!
This is a tough goal for me, and I could use your support.
so help me reach this goal, even if it is just moral support!
however, I would like to raise 200 dollars myself, any donations will help...
so go to my donations page HERE to pledge support or call me at 705-735-1501 and I will collect from you directly.
Thank you for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment