8/9/10

Flares suck!

I have IC
it sucks.

it is almost midnight and I am soo tired, my eyes are heavy my body is wore out, I want to sleep.
yet here I am online typing my blog.
for the past month or so I have been great no flares.
in fact I started to run.

then last night it hit me hard, I did too much.

I work in a grocery store as a cashier, albeit I am decent at the job, but its as glamorous as it seems.
Anyhow, money is short this month, and so.. I need to work..
well I had a 6 hour shift and Laura ( my supervisor ) informed me that she will have to send me home early.
I told her I would rather stay because money is short and I am scheduled to stay.
I offered to help Grocery out. ( stocking Dairy products)
Well Rob and myself cleared a skid and I felt that familiar ache. that sensation.
I said nothing and I cleared the skid went home in my car I sat for a few minutes and I allowed myself to accept the pain.
it was back.

No one gets this pain unless you have IC.
it hurts. then I got home and I peed. and it burned.
then I peed again
and again
and again

and yet again

I got up 13 times last night.
Today I peed about 36 times
I slowed down the water intake.

Then today I went for a jog, I didnt push to hard. but the pain kept me back. I cried into the wind and I kept running while I listened to Bon Jovi. I got home and I peed.
ad it was my favorite orange
( my pee goes rusty when there is blood)

I sat in a tub, drank a glass of whine and accepted that in fact I am hurting again.
that I have to pee right now but will I be able too is unknown.

So for teh first time in 2 months I will take a pain pill, just so I can sleep
so that this stupid pain subsides.

tomorrow I will call my doctor.

I hate IC.

I really do

1 comment:

  1. wow you did it you pushed through it and finished your shift and even ran awesome.
    no pain pill for two months is just awesome glad u have them to take when your IC flares
    I hope I can get back to just taking pain pills as pain arises not routinely
    I hope your call to your md is successful
    vicky

    ReplyDelete