I lost my Grandmother Feb 2005
She had a aneurysm, they couldn't fix it. She woke up on valentines day and got to say goodbye to the rest of the family.
She thought it was Mother's day because they were all there.
She forgave indiscretions she held her babies hands and she loved her 6 children with a devotion only a strong Irish woman could.
She raised 6 children with no money. she wasn't a great cook, she really was not. but everything she touched tasted good to me.
even caranation milk in my coffee.
She Loved the Blue Jays she even named her bird after Tom Henke.
She was a Die Hard Leafs fan, considering her 4 sons all were in Hockey she was a typical Hockey Mom before the phase was known.
She loved her husband, she loved arguing with him and she was a passionate writer who ofter had articled published in the Acton Ontario Paper about her concerns, from constructions to cut backs. she praised as often as she criticized. she wrote one article praising the kindness of the ladies of a thrift store she was a regular at.
My grandmother loved animals she fed the squirrels and took in stray dogs cats and what ever crawled in.
My grandmother taught me about my father who was killed by a drunk driver, no- he wasnt her son- in fact they rarely got along. My dad was from a Jewish family my Mother was Roman Catholic. needless to say my Old Irish Grandmother had a few reservations on the union. However, as she got to know him they shared a common ground they were both passionate about my Mom and my brother and of course lil' old me.
She would tell me the quips they shared he would tease her with statements like " Oh Anne, your here- didn't see your broom parked outside"
She convinced me I got my humor from him and my patience too.. but my temper I got from her as well as my Butt....
My Grandmother was the most amazing woman I knew and on this mother's day I want her honored.
I was there when they pulled the plug, I couldn't watch. it would have killed me. ( no pun intended)
My grandmother was my best friend.
She was my hero.
She was me but with more experience.
She was mouthy, short and quirky. she held friendships like they were made of precious metal and family was always the most important.
I was her best friend- she was mine.
She passed away 5 years ago, and yesterday I sat down and I remembered her without it hurting.
I remember her each and every day.. but seeing as on her last day she thought it was Mother's day ...
I want her to know that on Sunday it is her I will honour.
I will call my Mother-in-law and My Mom too...
but this year I will dedicate it to my Nan.
so to Anne-Marie Bloye Oct 1935- Feb 2005
the worlds BEST Nan.
I love you.
I miss you.
and I will NEVER Forget you!
No comments:
Post a Comment