5/15/10

I cried just because!

First off I must start with my job, I work at a grocery store. pretty much everywhere on front end from cash/self checkout to customer service.
I have been with Sobey's now for 2 years ( just about)
I love working with the people, I get to work with
( there area  few that this doesn't apply too- but that happens )
I love food, I love offering cooking tips. I love helping people find those exotic ingredients from Wasabi paste to soy burgers. I love knowing that I know the code to a LOT of the produce in the store and that I am fast on the till.
I do love my job.

Yesterday I worked on cash. I felt a bladder spasm when I woke up. but I am stubborn I decided to push through it. the pain was a dull ache in my back... and my urine was not as often.. which is usually a good thing.. but I do have the foresight to know for me that's not good!
but I put on a pantyliner jumped in my car and off to work I went.
I strapped my apron on in the locker room and many of the staff seen me.
" Shelly? you OK? you look really flushed."
I smiled and said " it's just my kidney's" they know I have kidney issues... I usually leave it at that and until I have the attacks.
I jumped on my cash, the woman I replaced explained the new promotion to me. I nodded she asked if i was OK I didn't lie I said " no."

I was in agony after about 10 minutes. I suppressed the tears while that familiar pain stabbed me  in the belly making me nauseated. about an hour later the pain became unbearable. I was in tears barely able to move. I turned out my light turned off my cash and I walked over to the office I told Jenny I was leaving I went upstairs grabbed my purse I was shaking and sobbing but of course by then the lunchroom was full.
I walked out without saying anything.
Linda approached me as I made my way down stairs.
" Are you Ok?"
" no- its my kidney's"
" do you want a drive?" she offered filled with concern..

I said no and I left. I just wanted to sit in my car and cry. actually no I wanted to die. of embarrassment of fear of the horrible pain. I wanted to vanish. I covered my face and I cried.
I cried because this is my stupid life.
I cried because I was feeling sorry for myself.
I cried because of the pain.
I just cried...

It isn't fair that I cant do a single stupid shift at work some day's that some days I have to take narcotics. JUST to get through.
I have a auto immune disease I know, and it is NOT my fault.
it isn't my fault I can NOT make love to my husband.
it isn't my fault I cant sleep a night without urgency. and I cant predict when my pain will jump from an annoying 4 to a 10.

So I took the afternoon yesterday at a clinic to talk to a Doctor who had no clue what IC was. he asked me a lot of questions and then told me I likely have a kidney infection. he wrote my a script for Cipro. explaining the amount of blood in my urine was disturbing. I told him for me it was normal.
( he didn't believe me)
he gave me a note and asked how many days off I wanted I told him just yesterday was fine. because although this flare can last days it probably wont.
he honored that request.

all I want to do is feel sorry for myself right now.. I will fight IC later right now I will cry

2 comments:

  1. Shelly, I cried today too. I yelled, cursed, broke some old glass things, and cried some more. Some days it's okay for us to feel sorry for ourselves, some days it's okay for us to hate the world for not understanding, some days it's okay to feel like death would be better than less. It's okay to cry.
    Kari Thrift
    IC Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shelly,
    I can't imagine having to deal with that - well maybe a bit. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in September of 2006. It can compare, pain wise, to IC but it is through out the whole body. You are right, it does make certain things in life difficult. I went through the stage of feeling sorry for myself and then anger, and then - well you know the drill. I am always here if you want to talk. Stay strong you brave girl! <3

    ReplyDelete