11/11/09

what my kids have taught me.

My Oldest has a condition called Cortical Dysplasia. For those without a medical degree, that means he has a begnin mass on his brain, this affects his short term memory and speech.
He speaks like Yoda, hears people like yoda and suffers from Epilepsy.
Kaleb has had 2 MRI's 1 6 hour EEG and about 14 regular EEG's more blood tests then I have had ( I am 32) .Kaleb has been on a narcotic since he was 3 to control his seizures.
Kaleb also NEVER complains.
when he goes for blood tests he smiles and he helps the tech find the right vein. he takes his medicine, he likes to call it epilepsy Juice . and he says " No Seizures today" each dosage.
and I say it too.
He has taught me so much in his almost 8 years.
As a parent you will agree our kids teach us, but when you have a kid like Kaleb you get a greater understanding.
You can see his innocence, you also see his strength, you can feel his pain and determination. you feel pride for the smallest things and the little things dont bother me as much as they used too.
Kaleb got his first A a week ago...
I cried with pride and I called everyone I knew...
this came home the day after jen los her Dad, in fact this A Made her day too... She loves her Kaleb too.

Owen, wow, he has taught me humor, and how to fall down on my ass and laugh at myself. Owen is a typical boy who climbs couchs and can almost fly when he leaps, he can cart wheel and cross his eyes
( His Grandmother taught his this one- THANK's Connie)
He is timid yet loud, he is a clown but incredibly shy. he isnt very good at reading but boy can build a life like wall-e out of styrofoam .
Owen, will choose vegtables over candy and he worships the ground his brother walks on....

My kids have taught me a LOT , but the one thing I will pray to my Lord is that I can teach them to be real men, to never loose their innocence. to be who they are. to never back down based on the popular vote. to alsways be who they are, to be true to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment